Irene Ford

balls

Irene Ford

Please please don’t ever think it will never happen to me with dogs and balls, for years I have let my dogs the shepherds play with balls tennis ball size, please please don’t, almost lost Skye to a chuckit ball wedged in her throat just now, she turned blue and stopped breathing, after some bites, swinging her upside down to loosen it and mouth to nose a lot of tears, she is here, but she had stopped breathing and I really thought I had lost her.
Seems very common with ChuckIt Balls, Skye has been through hell already this year with spinal surgery to recove a compression on her spinal cord and she is only just getting better slowly, to almost lose her to a ball
PLEASE PLEASE DONT THINK IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN TO ME
its unrealistic to say never give her a ball again but all balls without ropes are being binned or given to people with smaller dogs, I have a spaniel too and not even risking letting her have them in fear of Shepherds ggettinh them, all my medium kongs are getting given away or binned too.
A huge thank you to my friend and flatmate rachael for helping to get her safe, poor thing has been badly bitten trying to het the ball out, but honestly wasn’t happening until she passed out I dislodged the ball slightly by hanging her upside dow and doing Heimlich maneuver, once she passed out I gave her a few breaths of air down her nose and got my hand in back of the throath and preformed mouth to nose for what seems hrs but think was about 2 mins to get her back with us, every owner should take dog first aid classes, puting her in van and getting her to a vets even in 5 mins would have been too late she would be dead. Thank you to Kerry Rhodes for her first aid courses

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *